A Caribbean cruise holiday can be the adventure of a lifetime. While some areas of the Caribbean advise holidaymakers to travel with caution, a cruise holiday allows you to travel in safety, to destinations you never dreamed possible. If you’re preparing for your Caribbean cruise, be sure to follow these simple tips for great holiday fun!
Hydrate your Body
– Before any lengthy travels, particularly cruises, you should always hydrate your body. Drinking plenty of water, before disembarking, can allow your body to avoid heat stroke, help prevent sea sickness and promote overall good health.
Book your Flights
– For most people embarking on a cruise holiday, you must first fly to your chosen departure point. Booking your flights, well in advance, can help you to avoid the disappointment of no available airfares.
Prepare for Sea Sickness
– Whether you do or don’t suffer from motion sickness, you should always prepare for sea sickness, particularly when cruising. Various home remedies such as herbal teas and red apples work for some people, while other people choose to purchase prescription medication.
Save your Money!
– It’s a given for most holidays, but the island of the Caribbean are home to some of the best shopping in the world, so save your pennies for a shopping spree upon disembarking.
Pack Extra Swimsuits
– You’re planning a holiday of fun in the sun, so be sure to have enough swimsuits. There’s nothing worse than getting ready for a day by the pool, only to realise your swimsuit is still wet from the day before – if you’ve ever worn wet swimmers before, you’ll know it’s not a very pleasant feeling.
– While most cruises don’t require passengers to have visas for disembarking ports, some do, so it’s always a good idea to check with your travel agent to see if you need to apply for a visa.
Choose a Reputable Cruise Line
– When booking your Caribbean cruise, be sure to book with a reputable cruising company. Cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean International have a great reputation and various cruise ships for worldwide destinations, including the Radiance of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas.
– As with an overseas travel, you should always make copies of important travel documents, before departing. Take copies of your passport, other forms of identification, visas, etc. and be sure to leave one copy with a friend back home and one in a safe compartment of your suitcase.
Arrange for A House sitter or Make Kennel Arrangements
– Once all the fun stuff is ready to go, it’s time to get down to business. Arrange for a house sitter while you are away, someone to collect your mail and keep an eye on things, while you’re having the time of your life! If you have any pets, also ensure that you have made arrangements for them throughout the duration of your trip.
Last Minute Checks
– At least one week before departing, make sure you have enough required prescription medication, collect your documents from your travel agent and get ready to have an tropical Caribbean cruise holiday!
Don’t let sea sickness ruin your dream holiday, be prepared and enjoy the luxurious holiday of a lifetime!